How to Lose Weight While Traveling in Europe!

Last year I decided to trade in the delicious pastries, sights and copious amounts of cheap, GOOD wine, for the suburban life [again]. I know, I know, HOW could I just give up such a fabulous life?? Well, I’ll get into that reasoning another time. To continue my point though, another thing I traded in was all the steps I could easily get in every day! During my first year in Paris (and Europe in general during the holidays), I was getting in at LEAST 12,000 steps per day. On more active days (which were often), I was getting in 16-20,000 steps! It was truly the good life, as it was so effortless! It was so easy to integrate that many steps into my lifestyle. So since I’ve “been there, done that,” I figured I would let you in on my top 5 tips to help you lose weight while in Europe! (*Please note that this post is geared towards those with unlimited mobility. However, I’m sure it can be modified based on your personal abilities! Additionally, as an American, I may say a few things that are geared towards Americans!)

  • WALK! Walk everywhere. Don’t just hop on the bus. Don’t hop on the subway. If your next destination is only a 20-minute walk, you just gotta do it! “But Stacie, I don’t want to eat up my traveling time by walking 20 minutes.” Okay, I get that that. But don’t. While you’re walking, you’ll be able to see so many hidden things that you wouldn’t have seen while whizzing by on a bus. Did I mention there will be so many instagrammable moments along the way? Wake up and leave your Airbnb maybe 1-2 hours earlier than you normally would and take advantage of the extra hours that you will get! Also, walk off that meal, sis!
  • STAIRS! Don’t avoid the stairs, especially if you know you’re going to be showering soon, haha. The old buildings and old-fashioned ways of Europe leave many places elevator-less. So get ready to step it up!
  • Stick to the local food. I know you’re uber curious as to what McDonald’s or even Kentucky Fried Chicken tastes like in Paris, but I promise you it’s not worth it. The food in Europe is more stringently regulated than in the U.S. (non-U.S. and Euro readers, feel lucky as your food is probably even more wholesome than ours combined!), so you’ll want to take advantage of being able to eat food that is better for your body! 
  • Don’t forget the greens! I know you’re on vacation, but there are so many lovely salads on this side of the world! And remember, this is a good tip in general, even for when you’re back at home!
  • Drink water throughout the day and before you eat! One, you’ll need to stay hydrated, especially with all the stairs and walking! But two, it will help you feel more full. Once again, a good tip to bring back home! 



Well there you have it, my top 5 tips for losing weight while in Europe! Feel free to drop any notes on how you lost weight while vacationing!


Much love,

Stacie Cherie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cold, sunny day in London!