The First Two Weeks!

So! Recap of the last two weeks:

Actually, let's start from the beginning. Last Fall I was working at an immigration law firm, which was a super solid job, but I realized that I wanted something different. I was going to French language meet up's at the time and spoke a lot with friends who taught English abroad in France. So naturally I decided to apply and was set on going even before I got in. I found out in April that I was accepted and found out that I would be living and working in the Ile-de-France region! It was a literal dream come true and here I am now, in France, sitting at a cafe across from my super cute apartment with my roommate typing up my new blog. So, the last two weeks:

Over the summer, one of my best friends decided she would come to Paris with me to check out the city before my orientation! So we met up in NYC the day before our flights (yep, separate flights, but luckily separate flights landing at the same time) and had some cronuts and bomb burgers. It was so exciting just being in NYC knowing that we would be in Paris the next day! I had found a super cheap flight with XL Airways (a new airline) and flew with them to Paris. The flight was only 7 hours but I, of course, was the only one without a reclining seat on a full flight. C'est la vie.

Day 1

Grabbing my bags and searching for my friend in the airport did not go as quickly as I thought it would and it took us almost two hours to finally get on the metro.


And there you have it! The life of a blogger who can't seem to finish her blog posts!! Maybe one day I will re-tell this story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cold, sunny day in London!